The Czech Technology Agency announced the preparation of the sixth call to the Environment for Life Programme, which focuses on the support of environment-related applied research, experimental development and innovations. The announcement of the call is planned for 29 June 2022.
The support from the Environment for Life Programme is intended for projects that bring new environment-related solutions, stabilisation and development of knowledge leading to the support of a healthy and high-quality environment and sustainable use of resources.
As part of the prepared call, project proposals may be submitted in two programmes:
- Operational research in public interest (PP1)
Research and development projects the output of which will serve for the creation of strategic and conceptual documents or which will be used in public administration – e.g. in digitalisation, regulation optimisation, decrease of administrative burden and eGovernment.
- Eco-innovations, technologies and environmental protection practices (PP2)
The sub-programme focuses on projects to help mitigate the impacts of climate changes through technologies and innovative approaches, protect natural resources and generally contribute to the solution of current environmental challenges, such as the drought issue, sustainable use of resources or people’s approach to climate changes.
The necessary assumption of the projects is the achievement of a certain type of result, such as a prototype, functional sample, software, patent, industrial design, etc.
Who can apply for the grant?
- The call applicants may include enterprises, research organisations and organisational branches of the state.
- The grant should be available to Prague-based entities as well.
- The project proposals can also be submitted by large enterprises.
What does the subsidy apply to?
- Personal costs and scholarships
- Costs of sub-supplies
- Other direct costs
- Indirect costs
Amount and level of the grant:
- The maximum amount of support and minimum amount of the grant will be specified as part of the tender documents.
- The allocation of PP1 will be specified, the allocation of PP2 is CZK 200 million.
- From 30 June 2022 to 14 September 2022
The evaluation will be performed until 31 March 2023.
The supported projects should help the Ministry of the Environment and other environmental protection authorities at the state, regional and municipal level gain new knowledge.