The Technology Agency of the Czech Republic has announced a public call for proposals focused on materials research, which is addressed to Czech partners of international research consortia, which can be both research organisations and enterprises. The rules for Czech applicants are based on the EPSILON programme (Subprogramme 2 ‒ Energy and Materials), which will support Czech entities in international projects. The total amount of support for Czech entities in international projects is set at EUR 1 million.
A prerequisite for the projects is the achievement of a certain type of result, such as a prototype, functional sample, software, industrial or utility model, etc., and the fulfilment of one of the six themes of the call, which are:
- materials for energy,
- innovative surfaces, coatings, and interfaces,
- high-performance composites,
- functional materials,
- new strategies for advanced material-based technologies in health applications,
- materials for electronics.
The allocation of the tender is set at EUR 1 million, with a maximum aid amount of
EUR 350,000 per project.
Who can apply for the subsidy:
- The tender is open to companies of all sizes or research organisations in international consortia composed of at least three eligible partners from at least two participating countries (of which at least two are EU Member States or Associated Countries).
What the subsidy covers:
- expenditure on personnel costs,
- expenditure on subcontracts,
- other direct expenditure,
- indirect expenditure.
Support rate per project:
- The maximum support rate per project for the Czech side is 85% of the total eligible project costs, depending on the size of the enterprise and the activities carried out. In the case of cooperation between several Czech entities on one project (e.g. a Czech research organisation and a Czech enterprise), the maximum aid intensity for the Czech part of the project is 85%.
Amount of support per project:
- The maximum amount of support per project from The Technology Agency of the Czech Republic is EUR 350,000.
Receipt of project proposals:
- Project proposals can be submitted until 15 June 2022.
- Full applications can be submitted until 17 November 2022 in case of a successful evaluation of the project proposals.
The announcement of the results of the tender is scheduled for February 2023. The maximum duration of the project is set at 36 months, with implementation starting in March 2023 at the earliest.