The Ministry of the Industry and Trade announced a call on 5 May 2022 to support sustainable water treatment in industrial plants. Total funds of CZK 1 billion are prepared for applicants from the Czech Republic including Prague.
The aim of the call is the support of water-saving measures and water management optimisation in the business sector through the implementation of circular economy and the adaptation to climate changes.
The support may therefore include e.g. investments in the decrease of water loss in closed water circuits and water distribution systems, water recycling in manufacturing industries with high water consumption, installation of filtration technologies, rainwater harvesting and utilisation, cooling optimisation technologies (e.g replacement of open cooling towers for circulation towers) and other.
Who can apply for the grant?
- Small, medium-sized and large enterprises on the whole territory of the Czech Republic, including Prague.
- Up to three grant applications can be submitted per identification number (projects must be realised in different locations).
What does the grant apply to?
- Acquisition of technologies.
- Construction work.
- Supplies and services.
Level of support per project:
- The support will amount up to 40% of the total recognised costs.
Amount of support per project:
- Minimum grant amounts to CZK 1 million.
- Maximum grant amounts to CZK 25 million.
Project proposal acceptance:
- From 12 May 2022 to 30 September 2022.
- Time-limited call.
- Water audit must be submitted with the grant application.
- Projects with the proposed saving measures resulting in an annual water consumption decrease of 5% or 100 m3 within the enterprise’s water management will be supported.
- Projects focusing on water cleaning, water quality change at the input/output of the enterprise’s water management, or change of the water source cannot be supported.
- Realisation of the project must be completed by 31 December 2024.
Finally, we would like to draw attention to the prolongation of the call of the National Recovery Plan (NRP) regarding photovoltaic systems; newly it is possible to submit applications and receive support for photovoltaic power plants until 31 August 2022. At the same time, the allocation for these purposes was increased by CZK 1 billion.
Other calls in the area of circular economy (NRP) or energy savings and innovations (OP TAC) will probably be announced in July. At the turn of June and July, the announcement of calls from the Modernisation Fund focused on the energy industry is expected.
We will keep you informed about the announcement and conditions of these and other calls.