The Czech Ministry of Industry and Trade has announced the first call of the National Recovery Plan (NRP). The NRP aims to revitalise the economy through subsidy support, to help address the economic and social impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, and to support the implementation of green and digital transformation.
The first call announced concerns Photovoltaic Systems. This call supports the acquisition and installation of photovoltaic power plants (PV plants) on business buildings, including shelters (e.g. for cars or material storage), with an installed capacity ranging from 1kWp to 1 MWp inclusive. Applications can be submitted under two activities depending on the ownership of the property:
- the subsidy applicant is the owner of the property or leases the entire property,
- the subsidy applicant leases only part of the property for the purpose of installing a PV plant (e.g. roof).
Who can apply for the subsidy:
- All enterprises regardless of size (i.e. including large enterprises) and regardless of the location of the project (i.e. including Prague).
What the subsidy covers:
- expenditure on the actual installation of the photovoltaic power plant, including energy storage (photovoltaic panels, supporting structures, switchgear, cabling, etc.),
- project documentation for the construction (photovoltaic plant),
- engineering activities in construction.
Support rate per project:
- maximum 35% for photovoltaic systems,
- maximum 50% for storage systems outside the territory of the capital city of Prague,
- maximum 45% for storage systems within the territory of the capital city of Prague.
Amount of support per project:
- Based on the amount of eligible expenditure determined according to a calculation based on the amount of installed capacity.
Receipt of project proposals:
- From 22 March 2022 to 30 June 2022
The project must be completed no later than 30 November 2023.
Other calls from the NRP (National Recovery Plan) focusing on topics such as circular economy, water saving, energy saving, and calls from other programmes (Modernisation Fund and Operational Programme Technology and Applications for Competitiveness) are scheduled to be announced in May and June. We will keep you informed about their announcement and further details.