The Ministry of the Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic has announced Call II as part of the Broadband Internet subsidy programme.Applicants may be business entities.
Activities subsidised under this call include two areas:
- Expansion and modernisation of the existing infrastructure of access networks for broadband access to the Internet provided in a fixed location so that the characteristics of NGA networks are achieved; and
- Establishment of new networks provided in a fixed location.
The condition is to provide end users with high-speed access to the Internet with the ordinarily available speed of at least 30 Mbit/s. Furthermore, by 2020, the network must provide ordinarily available speed of at least 100 Mbit/s.
The subsidy applies to the costs of building the passive network infrastructure of a high-speed Internet connection, costs of active features integrated in the high-speed Internet network, acquisition of physical and network infrastructure, and costs of construction and engineering work.
- The maximum level of support per project is 75% of eligible costs.
- The amount of the subsidy per project is between CZK 0.5 million and CZK 200 million.
- Applications may be submitted between 8 May 2019 and 8 July 2019. The call is ongoing.
The article is part of dReport – March 2019, Tax news; Grants and investment Incentives.