Marketing grant programme will support international expansion of companies
On 19 June 2023, the Ministry of Industry and Trade opened receipt of applications for support under Call I. Marketing in the Operational Programme Technology and Applications for Competitiveness. The purpose of this call is to contribute to higher competitiveness and international expansion of SMEs. It is thus possible to obtain a subsidy for costs associated with participation in foreign exhibitions or trade fairs.
What the support can be used for:
- Individual participation in foreign exhibitions and trade fairs – specifically, the support can cover the cost of renting exhibition space, including a stand and other related services and fees. When preparing the project, the applicant should therefore already have an idea of the size of the exhibition space at the individual exhibitions or fairs planned. A maximum of 5 exhibitions or fairs can be supported per project.
- Transport costs – this includes the costs associated with transporting exhibits, stand and its equipment to and from the fair or exhibition abroad.
- Costs of marketing promotional materials – this includes, for example, the cost of leaflets, posters, brochures, handouts, videos or similar promotional materials. However, promotional materials such as pens, mugs, etc. cannot be included in these costs.
What, on the other hand, cannot be supported under the call:
- Conferences, seminars, symposia or other events whose main purpose is not an exhibition or trade fair function – in other words, only costs related to exhibition space are eligible.
- Joint participation in a foreign trade fair or exhibition with multiple participants.
- Participation in foreign exhibitions and fairs in the Russian Federation.
- Participation in an exhibition or trade fair that is already supported within the project prepared by the Czech Trade and Industry Promotion Agency CzechTrade (this is a similar call, which is also currently open, however, both calls differ in terms of supported activities and other conditions set by the provider of the subsidy).
Who can apply:
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
Level of support:
- 50% of the total eligible costs – eligible costs under this call are determined according to a predefined calculation based on the number of participations in exhibitions or fairs, the geographical location of the exhibition or fair abroad and the size of the exhibition area.
Amount of support:
- The minimum amount of the grant per project is CZK 200,000 and the maximum amount is CZK 2,450, 000.
Dates and deadlines:
- Opening date for the receipt of applications: 19 June 2023
- Closing date for the receipt of applications: 30 October 2023
- Start of the physical implementation of the project: costs become eligible at the time of registration of the application for support, i.e. from 19 June 2023 at the earliest
- Completion of the physical implementation of the project: 31 December 2025
This is a rolling call, so projects will be evaluated in the order in which they are submitted until the allocation is exhausted. As the receipt of applications for support has already started, we recommend not to delay too long in preparing the application. If you are interested in more information, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to guide you through the procedure and provide you with maximum support and assistance.